Vera French Pine Knoll is a residential care facility that provides 24-hour care and treatment for adults who have a severe and persistent mental illness. The mission is to assist residents in attaining or maintaining their optimal level of functioning so that they can live and function as independently as possible.
Pine Knoll offers residents a safe, friendly and healthy environment to assist in improving their physical and mental health. The Pine Knoll team includes:
- Activity Therapists
- Mental Health Technicians
- Social Workers
- Dietary Personnel
- Office Personnel
- Maintenance Personnel
Together, the Pine Knoll team provides residents with a holistic, comprehensive, yet individualized treatment experience that is focused on their growth and recovery.
Because treatment at Pine Knoll is not time limited, there is no average length of stay. Prior to discharge, however, a comprehensive plan is developed with the resident that includes follow up support and services.
For more information, or to make a referral, please contact Denise Beenk at 563-322-6247, ext. 211.
PINE KNOLL ADMISSION CRITERIA
- Age 18 or older.
- Ambulatory and physically able to walk down stairs.
- Guaranteed payment for cost of care.
- A DSM 5 diagnosis (excluding substance abuse disorders and intellectual disability, unless a dual diagnosis).
- Not currently an active threat to the safety of self or others.
- In need of personal care and supervision, but does not require skilled nursing care or a locked facility.
- Written certification by a physician that the person needs no greater level of care than a residential care facility for persons with a mental illness (RCF-PMI).
- Willing to be admitted voluntarily, or willing to come if placed at the facility by a court order.
- Must have a TB screening and physical up to 30 days prior to being admitted.