Your Privacy is Important to Us
Collection of Information
You may be prompted to provide some or all of the following types of information in order to register, access various content or features, submit photos and other content, directly contact us with questions or feedback, or access other features of the Website:
- Contact information, such as name or e-mail address;
- User name and password;
- Geo-location information;
- Other demographic information, such as city, state, and zip code;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Comments and other information posted through interactive online features;
- and Correspondence you send to us.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you use the Website, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area (e.g., your zip code);
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Website;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Website;
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies; Information about your interactions with video content, such as the type of content viewed, and information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
- and Standard server log information.
We may collect information about you from third-party sources. For example, we may receive information about you from third-party social media services when you choose to interact or connect with them through the Website.
Additionally, if you access third-party services, such as Facebook, Google, or Twitter, through the Website to login to the Website or to share information about your experience on the Website with others, these third-party services may be able to collect information about you, including information about your activity on the Website, and they may notify your connections on the third-party services about your use of the Website, in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Portions of the Website may allow you to enter text and information in open fields, such as comment sections and message boards. If you choose to participate in these public areas of the Website, please be aware that any information submitted through these areas can be read, collected, or used by other users. Please use caution in disclosing personal information in these areas. Although we may, in some instances, moderate public forums to keep their content appropriate for the forum’s intended audience, we are not responsible for the information you submit in these open forums and public areas or for other users’ actions with respect to that information.
Use of Information
We generally use the information that we collect about you to:
- Fulfill your requests for services and information;
- Enable you to participate in interactive features, such as comment boxes and forums;
- Display content, sponsor information, and information about other services that you may be interested in;
- Customize the content displayed when you use the Website;
- Analyze use of the Website to understand and improve our service offerings, such as determining which pages are most popular, which browsers are most used, how long users spend on the Website, and which websites they come from;
- Otherwise support the internal operations of the Website;
- and For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
We may aggregate your information with information about other users so that it no longer identifies and cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual person.
Disclosure of Information
We may share information that is collected from you in the following circumstances:
Authorized third-party service providers. We may share information with our third-party service providers to help us fulfill requests and perform various functions necessary to fully provide and improve the Website, including usage analytics, data processing, e-mail marketing, and account management.
Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, property, safety, and security of Vera French, our website visitors/users, and/or the public.
With your consent. We otherwise may share your information with your consent.
We may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties, including to help us develop content and services that we hope you will find of interest or to help these third parties develop their own products and service offerings.
We use these technologies, for example, to help us recognize your browser as a previous user and save and remember any preferences that may have been set; to help us customize the content shown while you use the Website; to provide you with content customized to your interests and to understand whether users read e-mail messages and click on links contained within those messages so that we can deliver relevant content and offers; and to help measure and research the effectiveness of our Website, interactive online content, features, and other communications.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies to collect information through the Website. These third parties may collect information about a user’s online activities over time and across sites and services to, for example, help us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics and serve you more relevant advertising.
You may be able to refuse or disable cookies by adjusting your web browser settings. Because each web browser is different, please consult the instructions provided by your web browser (typically in the “help” section). Please note that you may need to take additional steps to refuse or disable some technologies including local shared objects. For example, local shared objects may be controlled through the instructions on Adobe’s Setting Manager page. If you choose to refuse, disable, or delete these technologies, some of the functionality of our Website may no longer be available to you.
Some web browsers may transmit "do-not-track" signals to websites the user visits, although web browsers incorporate and activate this functionality in different ways, and it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted. Consequently, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Protection of Information
Third-Party Services, Content, and External Links